Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry. We are currently recruiting for the position of Electronics/Manufacturing Engineer whose focus will be on the areas described below.
A background in Signal Processing and Acoustics is ideal for this role.
This role reports to the Company’s Managing Director in order to ensure its independence and assist the Managing Director in implementing changes required.
It is created to ensure the quality of our products. This role sits between R&D and Production and ensures the seamless continuity between the two in a number of respects.
This role is a unique opportunity for the ideal candidate to use his/her electronic/electrical experience across the R&D, Production and Procurement sides of our business.
The focus of this role is to establish (where missing) functional test specification for all our main boards (both for internal acceptance testing and suppliers’ acceptance testing), inspect and sign off all incoming boards. You will also be the owner of these boards in a number of respects:
- Inward inspections to the functional requirements
- Ensure where modifications are required for any reason, design drawings and Gerbers are updated;
- Re-validate boards at the sub-assembly level;
- Liaise with external manufacturers of boards in event of non-conformance;
- Ensure when boards are ordered, the Procurement Manager has the correct BOM, Gerbers and Manufacturing Pack;
- Take lead in coordinating and working with R&D and Production to debug non-functional boards or sub-assemblies
The role is responsible for overseeing our soldering standards and practices across all products range.
The role is responsible for all First Article Inspections of all new parts, components and products to be introduced into our Production Environment.
The main objective of the role is to improve quality, repeatability and efficiency in our manufacturing process and ensure that key processes, information and requirements are not lost between the transition from R&D to Production.
- Work closely with the MD, R&D and Production Team to achieve the stated goals
- Transition designs from development engineering into production by taking responsibility for First Article Inspection, Completeness of BOM, Completeness of Manufacturing Pack;
- Lead and work with MD, R&D and Production to define production testing, functional testing of parts etc.
- Initiate and complete ECO’s, including all related paperwork.
- Lead in implementing compliance standards across our Production to ensure quality.
- Good reporting skills (including writing and documenting processes)
- Enjoy working with a diverse, motivated and knowledgeable team.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the desire to succeed
- Ability to work in a high pressured and demanding environment due to the diversity of the subject matters;
- Thorough and uncompromising on accuracy and details
- Exposure to Altium, SolidWorks, MATLAB preferred
- Some software scripting capability
- Knowledge of Development Environments
- The role would ideally suit a candidate who has worked in debugging of complex electronic products (where accuracy, robustness and reliability) are required.
- Qualified Electronic/Electrical Engineer;
- At least 2 years’ experience
- Exposure to signal processing and acoustics are highly advantageous in the role
- Digital Electronics
We want to fill this role as soon as possible.
Salary will be dependent on experience. Coda Octopus Products Ltd offers a competitive benefits package.
For more information about Coda Octopus please visit our website: www.codaoctopus.com.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this job is right for you.
Closing Date for this position is 21 January 2019 but please send your application as soon as possible.