Coda Octopus Products designs, manufactures, sells and supports electronic sub-sea systems and software for the marine-survey, construction and security industries for a global customer base.
As a Transducer Technician, you will be manufacturing, assembling and testing the Company’s acoustic transducers in our production facility in Edinburgh, Scotland, where you will be working as part of a team to produce sonar-based products for the Company.
Amongst your priorities will be the following:
- Prepare transducer assemblies according to our Build Process;
- Manufacture products to the highest quality standards according to our Build Process;
- Undertake testing processes to agreed procedures for transducer assemblies;
- Work on the production and refinement of pre-production and then production models of new products as they are introduced by the Company.
These tasks will necessary include:
- Machining (grinding)
- Material Curving
- Manual Assembly
The role requires an individual who is dexterous with good technical skills.
Candidates who have excelled in this role have come from any of the following:
- Design Art College
- Jewellery making
- Precision engineering
Role specific training will be provided.
Skills and Experience
The successful candidate will be a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills. He or she will have formal academic and/or vocational training and qualifications in a relevant subject and be interested to learn and develop. Training will be provided though the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate recent practical experience within a relevant environment in some or all of the following:
- Use of tools such as pillar drill, band saw and hand grinder
- Experience in the application of adhesives, sealants and similar compounds
- Electro-mechanical assembly and test processes
- Basic knowledge of electronics
- ESD compliant handling of electronic components
- Soldering including through-hole and SMT
- Cable assembly, wiring and crimping
- Use of O-rings, seals and assembly for harsh environments
- A professional and effective approach leading to the production of components, assemblies, processes, test regimes, working drawing sets and work pack information on time and to specification facilitating the positive adoption of engineered solutions within manufacturing
- Good computer skills
- Working proficiency in English
- Basic technical report writing skills
Coda Octopus offers a competitive salary depending on qualifications and experience.
For more information about Coda Octopus please visit our website www.codaoctopus.com.
Please submit your application as soon as possible. If you are interested in this role please submit application which should include CV and cover letter. The cover letter should identify why you believe this is an ideal role for you. Please reply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technician – Transducer (Piezo-ceramics): Apply Now