Coda Octopus Products Ltd
Essential for the role: Degree in Physics, Engineering, Geophysical or Hydrographic Studies
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine survey industry. We are currently recruiting for the position of Product Support Engineer at our Edinburgh office. This position is full-time.
As a Coda Octopus Products Support Engineer, you will:
- Respond to customer queries and usability questions via telephone, email or remote support software
- Take responsibility for providing technical support to our customers, working with them to deliver a solution
- Work closely with software development team to replicate bugs and software performance issues
- Create “Solutions” within our CRM System to capture & disseminate product knowledge
- Collect customer requirements for the software (leading to new features being added).
- Suggest improvements based on your past geophysical surveying background and insights gained from customer support
- Provide input to the Software Development Team on work flow processes (both in acquisition and processing)
- Conduct Acceptance Testing for Software
- Liaise with vendors to facilitate integration testing with third party products e.g. tow-fish
- Run product training sessions both internally and externally – which will involve travel to customer site
- From time to time carry out field assignments (both on and offshore)
- Be part of the out of office support roster (at least one week per month)
The ideal candidate should have at least two of the following:
- Degree educated in an engineering, physics, ocean science or other technical discipline
- Ideally between 2 -3 years’ experience in a technical field role such as a qualified hydrographic surveyor or marine geophysicist but recent graduates with the right qualifications will also be considered
- Practical field experience with marine survey equipment and software
- Offshore experience working with sonars or navigation systems. Preferably with experience of sidescan, sub-bottom profiling or multibeam sensors.
Significant training will be provided by the Company.
Our products are sold globally and therefore the candidate should be able to communicate effectively with people from different backgrounds. The role would suit someone who enjoys technology, problem solving and engaging with clients.
For further information about Coda Octopus Products Ltd please visit our website at www.codaoctopus.com.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this job is right for you, with reference SE/2019/AMG.
Closing Date for this position is 20 September 2019 but please submit your application as soon as possible.Products Support Engineer: Apply Now