Junior Technician (electro-mechanical)
The Company designs, manufactures, sells and supports subsea products (such as sonars, motion sensors and geophysical hardware) along with software for the survey, underwater construction and security industries.
We are seeking a Trainee Technician to take responsibility for routine servicing and maintenance of our rental products.
Your focus will be on
Electronic and mechanical assembly incl. PCBs and wiring
- Testing sub-assemblies and finished goods using the Company’s documented processes, and to a schedule agreed with the Company.
- Performing sea testing with the equipment
- Creating documentation for rental assets including those going out to customers and those that are returned by customer.
- Testing cables
- Ensuring the cleanliness of rental equipment.
- Configure and maintain all test equipment associated with the testing of the Company’s products.
Candidates should have knowledge of / experience in some or all of the following:
- Electro-mechanical assembly
- PC and software configuration
- System testing
- Soldering, wiring & crimping
- Fault diagnosis
- Service and repair
- Have qualifications at HND or higher qualification
Hours and Environment
The Company’s hours of work are 8.30 to 4.30 (with 30 minutes lunch break) Monday to Friday.
Skills and Interests
You will be well educated in a relevant subject and it would be an advantage if you have some experience in the production of electronic products, ideally in the sub-sea environment. Experience in the use of adhesives in addition to the basic electronic production methods will be an advantage. We will expect you to display the following personal qualities:
- Sound judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Team working ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Driver’s license
- A valid passport
We are looking for a candidate who can start as soon as possible.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this role, please apply with CV and covering letter to: email@example.com no later than 17 February 2019.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.