/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Vacancy - Systems Software Developer
Competitive salary + benefits
We are seeking for an experienced Systems Software Developer at our Edinburgh office.
A little bit about the role
To be an active member of a small development team working on a range of subsea products across the whole lifecycle. As a member of the team you will sometimes be working on a project by yourself, sometimes working as part of a bigger team but always with the support of other members of the team.
As part of this we expect that you can communicate effectively with colleagues across all departments to ensure that what we deliver meets their expectations.
As a small team, we value “ideas” and this role would be suitable for an “innovative” person.
A bit about you
You must want to be part of a collaborative culture, be open-minded, respect the views of others and recognise that there is almost always a better way of doing things, even if it cannot be done immediately.
You are someone who is inquisitive and enjoys tinkering with things. Ideally you are a keen developer who is always building things at home.
Coda Octopus are known as underwater visualization experts and we invite candidates from different background such as Gaming, Robotics or Medical Imaging to bring their skills to another arena.
Above all you must be a self-starter and someone who is innovative and loves to build things.
Key Development Skills
- A minimum of 3 years commercial C# / WPF and other modern technologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of the .NET framework including LINQ and Rx.
- Good problem solving skills
- Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Maths and Computing.
- Can collaborate with others to design and implement class leading products
Key Personal Attributes
- You are the type of person who “loves building things in the garage”
- Loves working as part of a close knit team
- Is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Is willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
- Likes working in an Agile environment
- Has the drive and motivation to make the company better
- Can communicate well and can express opinions and ideas clearly to others withoutbeing confrontational.
- You live and breathe technology
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this job is right for you. Closing Date 31 July 2017.
Find the full job specification here.