/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Systems Software Developer
Coda Octopus Products Ltd
Competitive salary + benefits
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and support, systems and software for the marine- survey, construction and security industries.
We are moving to our 4th Generation of Software Products and are recruiting up to three (3) Systems Software Developers at our Edinburgh office.
These positions are full-time.
Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Maths and Computing, or other Engineering discipline and have extensive C#, .NET, LINQ, and ideally Rx, knowledge with 3 or more years’ experience of commercial software development.
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills and must have the ability to work well within a team.
You will have problem solving and creativity skills, honesty and integrity, an eagerness to learn and a high level of personal motivation, drive and energy. Previous experience of working within an agile software development team would be beneficial, although not essential.
Additional experience, in preferential order, of any of the following would be an advantage: 3D graphics including matrices/geometry/DirectX, Kalman filters, image/signal processing, GIS, database development, real-time systems, and marine equipment.
Duties will include:
- Assist in defining product software requirements
- Define software technical specifications
- Develop software code that follows company coding standards
- Define software test procedures
- Perform debug and test cycles following the company’s quality procedures
- Interact with Test and Support teams as necessary
- Assist in defining hardware/software requirements for development, testing, validation, and production environments.
- Work with a development team and communicate effectively
- Assist in creation of documentation such as user manuals, knowledge base articles, training material
Salary will be competitive and dependent on experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package.
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining why this role is right for you. No Agencies.