/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Systems Software Developer
Coda Octopus Products Ltd, Edinburgh
Competitive salary + benefits
We are looking to develop the next generation of software products and as such are looking to expand our software team. We are seeking several experienced Systems Software Developers at our Edinburgh office.
Candidates must have the experience and qualifications set out in the Key Development Skills Section including one or more of the following: good maths (matrices, geometry), 3D computer graphics (DirectX), Kalman filters and image/signal processing.
A little bit about the role
To be an active member of a small development team working on a range of subsea products across the whole development lifecycle. As a member of the team you will sometimes be working on a project by yourself, sometimes working as part of a bigger team but always with the support of other members of the team.
We expect that you can communicate effectively with colleagues across all departments to ensure that what we deliver meets their expectations.
As a small team, we value “ideas” and this role would be suitable for an “innovative” person.
A bit about you
You must want to be part of a collaborative culture, be open-minded, respect the views of others and recognise that there is almost always a better way of doing things, even if it cannot be done immediately.
You are inquisitive and enjoy tinkering with things. Ideally you are a keen developer who is always building things at home.
Coda Octopus are known as underwater visualization experts and we invite candidates from different background such as Gaming, Robotics or Medical Imaging to bring their skills to another arena.
Above all you must be a self-starter and someone who is innovative and loves to build things.
Key Development Skills
- A minimum of 3 years commercial C# / WPF and other modern technologies and techniques.
- Good knowledge of the .NET framework including LINQ and Rx.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- One (or more) of the following skills: good maths (matrices, geometry), 3D computer graphics (DirectX), Kalman filters, image/signal processing.
- Ideally you will have a BSc Hon's - First Class or 2:1 in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Maths and Computing, Physics or similar.
- Can collaborate with others to design and implement class leading products.
Key Personal Attributes
- You are the type of person who “loves building things in the garage”
- Loves working as part of a close knit team
- Is willing to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Is willing to do whatever is required to get the job done
- Likes working in an Agile environment
- Has the drive and motivation to make the company better
- Can communicate well and can express opinions and ideas clearly to others
- You live and breathe technology
If you feel you have the necessary qualities and qualifications to join our team then please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com explaining why this job is right for you. Applications should carry Reference: NPD/NT. Closing Date 31 August 2017.