/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
/Quality Control Engineer
Coda Octopus Products designs, manufactures, sells and supports electronic sub-sea systems and software for the marine-survey, construction and security industries.
As a Quality Control Engineer, you will be Inspecting and Testing all aspects of our marine products including electronic and mechanical sub-assembly test, final assembly test, outgoing product final inspection and inspection and acceptance of all incoming goods. You will also be responsible for working with the team to improve processes and drive improvement in quality and repeatability. You will also be responsible for designing and implementing a Fault Finding Database which will cover all faults with products and sub-assemblies to the sub-assembly block level.
Your main priorities will be the items described below:
- to be responsible for the final inspection and test of all product sub-assemblies prior to main product build
- to be responsible for the inspection and final test of all completed products including client repairs
- to be responsible for the final QC inspection of all outgoing products
- to be responsible for the inspection and acceptance of all Goods Received
- to be responsible of the control of stock within the Production department
- working with management, introduce processes which are designed to improve standards and quality in the Production Environment.
Your day-to-day activity will be to:
- Process all Goods Received including test and inspection prior to acceptance of goods
- Liaise with the Logistics Co-ordinator to promptly process rejected goods and track the resolution of identified issues
- Issue stock in relation to Works Orders submitted by the Logistics Co-ordinator
- Process additional stock requirements from Production including management of wastage and investigation of reasons for wastage
- Test, inspect and report on all completed product sub-assemblies with weekly reporting of identified issues.
- Test, inspect and report on all final products, including client products returned for service with weekly reporting of identified issues.
- Assist in the onward development of the Quality Assurance System as it relates to production of the Company’s products.
- Develop, maintain and author test and inspection procedures to improve quality control in each product line and throughout the Production process.
The ideal candidate should have an Electrical/Electronic degree and have at least 2 years’ experience working as a QC Engineer or Project Manager in an electronic based manufacturing environment.
Please apply to email@example.com by sending your CV with a covering letter.
Closing Date: 30 November 2017