/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
Coda Octopus Products designs, manufactures, sells and supports electronic sub-sea systems and software for the marine-survey, construction and security industries.
As a Transducer Technician, you will be Manufacturing, Assembling and Testing the Company’s acoustic transducers in Edinburgh where you will be working as part of a team to produce sonar based products for the Company.
Amongst your will be the following:
- · prepare transducer assemblies according to our Build Process;
- · manufacture products to the highest quality standards according to our Build Process;
- · undertake testing processes to agreed procedures for transducer assemblies;
- · work on the production and refinement of pre-production and then production models of new products as they are introduced by the Company.
Your will be to:
- · Develop knowledge and skills associated with transducer design.
- · Assist with manufacture transducer components, assemblies and devices.
- · Assist with mechanical/electrical component and assembly design
- · Assist with mould tool, jig and fixture trials and refinement.
- · Produce tested and reliable transducer assemblies using the Company’s documented processes, and to a schedule agreed with the Company.
- · Thoroughly, to schedule and to agreed procedures, inspect and run acceptance testing on new transducers.
- · Assist in the onward development of the Quality Assurance System as it relates to production of the Company’s products.
- · Work as part of the team developing the Company’s product set forward.
- · Produce and assist in the refinement of pre-production models of new sonar based products for the Company to new procedures to be agreed.
A team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, you will have formal training and qualifications in a relevant subject and :
- · Practical knowledge of machining materials using a surface grinder
- · Use of tools such as pillar drill and band saw
- · Experience in the application of adhesives, sealants and similar compounds
- · Electro-mechanical assembly and test processes
- · ESD compliant handling of electronic components
- · Soldering including through-hole and SMT
- · Cable assembly, wiring and crimping
- · Use of O-rings, seals and assembly for harsh environments
- · A professional and effective approach leading to the production of components, assemblies, processes, test regimes, working drawing sets and work pack information on time and to specification facilitating the positive adoption of engineered solutions within manufacturing.
- · Good computer skills
- · Basic technical report writing skills