/Specialists in the latest underwater technologies
You are here
Coda Octopus designs, manufactures, sells and supports electronic systems and software for the survey, construction and security industries.
As a Production Technician in a small team, you will be Assembling, Testing, and doing Maintenance and Repair work for the Company’s products in the Edinburgh Production Centre, you will be working as part of a team to produce and refine pre-production versions of new complex electronic products for the Company.
Your day-to-day activity will be to:
- Produce tested and reliable production products using the Company’s documented processes, and to a schedule agreed with the Company.
- Reliably repair customer products using the Company’s documented processes to a schedule agreed by the Company.
- Thoroughly, to schedule, and to agreed procedures, test repaired or newly produced products before these are dispatched to the customer.
- Assist in the onward development of the Quality Assurance System as it relates to production of the Company’s products.
- Work as part of the team developing the Company’s product set forward.
- Produce and assist in the refinement of pre-production models of new sonar based products for the Company to new procedures to be agreed.
- Assist in the development of new procedures for the production models of new sonar based products for the Company.
Hours and Environment
The Company’s hours of work are 9 am to 5.30 Monday to Friday, however you will be expected to work to achieve objectives on behalf of the Company which may involve longer hours from time to time. The majority of your time will be spent in the Edinburgh office but you may be required to make business visits to the Company’s other facilities and other places from time to time. The role is sensitive and you will be expected to keep the Company’s work confidential.
Skills and Interests
Ideal Candidate has electronics background and educated to degree level. You will have at least 3 years’ experience in a similar role. We will expect you to display the following personal qualities:
- Sound judgment
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Team working ability
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Driver’s license
Interested candidates should submit application (which should include an up to date and accurate CV with cover letter) to email@example.com no later than 30 November 2017.